Saturday, September 04, 2004

Online Networking - no flip-flopping

I have been known to be simultaneously a proponent of online networking and issue warnings about it. To be clear, I am a believer in the potential for it and that the software is improving fast. However, I do caution people not to expect too much from it. The flaw in the system is more likely to be driven by human factors than by technology. People can be unresponsive, selfish, uncomprehending and incomprehensible. I do believe it will improve as more people become used to using it. For the younger generation, it will become second nature. One of the most useful resources on this topic is http://www.onlinebusinessnetworks.com/
In brief, I encourage everyone to use it, use it with energy and good judgment, but not to expect it to be a panacea.

No comments: